This website and its related technologies ("Site") is operated by Limelight Software Limited of New Zealand trading as Need A Car ("Need A Car", "We" or "Us").
We take personal privacy seriously and work hard to maintain the security and confidentiality of any personal information we are provided. Please read this Policy to learn more about how we handle private information before using this Site or submitting any personal information.
By using this Site or submitting personal information, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information (as defined below) in accordance with the practices described herein.
What Information We Receive & Collect
Need A Car receives and collects information about you in two ways: directly from your input and/or automatically through our Site’s technologies.
Information provided by you
The types of information we collect directly from you may include information we expressly ask you to enter and submit via the Site or its related services.
For example, when you create a Need A Car account, we ask for some personal information. You will also have the option to create your account using a service like Facebook or Google. If you choose to do so, we will ask permission to access basic information from your account, like your name and profile picture in accordance with that services terms and conditions. We may store this information as part of your Need A Car account. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Need A Car’s access to your account.
Information collected automatically
Our Site automatically collects certain information regarding your use of the Site. Examples of this type of information include:
- Your public IP address;
- Your computer, device and connection information, such as your browser type, operating system, mobile platform and other technical & device identifiers;
- Clickstream data, including the date & time you interacted with our Site, the content you viewed and/or searched on.
- We may use any information collected automatically for any purpose, except when restricted by applicable law. If we combine any automatically collected information with your personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information.
- We may also use aggregated information for any reasonable and necessary purpose, however, this information does not identify specific individuals and so is not personal information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Session cookies, which are temporary and deleted when you close the browser;
- Persistent cookies, which remain until you delete them or they automatically expire;
- Web beacons, which are electronic images also known as single-pixel gifs.
In general, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies do not contain personally identifiable information, but your personal information may be linked by us to the data stored in cookies related to our Site.
Need A Car and its service providers, use this information for various purposes including improving our Site and its services, personalising your browsing experience, advertising, promotions, surveys and reporting.
If you do not want Need A Car to send cookies to your browser, you can set your browser options to reject cookies or notify you when a web site tries to put a cookie into your browser software. Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some features of the Site.
Any emails you receive from us may contain a web beacon to allow us to determine if an email was opened and to verify any clicks made by you within the email. We may use this information to determine which of our emails are better received and to advise any of advertisers how many users viewed or clicked on their adverts. The web beacon is deleted when you delete the email and any emails received in plain text only will not contain the web beacon.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Site analyse how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Site by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google's website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads on our Site, but they will not be based on how you browse and shop.
Need A Car gathers general information about visits to the Site. Need A Car uses this information to understand traffic on the Site, provide you with technical support, improve the Site, and provide the best online experience possible for our Users.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used to fulfil requests on your behalf, customize your experience, provide you with information that may be of interest to you and to help anyone identify you as the provider of feedback you submit to us via the Site.
Need A Car may also use your Personal Information to operate and facilitate your use of the Site, including but not limited to internal review, to improve the content of the Site, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Site and applicable laws, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site, deliver correspondence, communications, or services that you request, and to solicit your feedback.
We may also use your personal information to complete the following actions:
- to respond to requests, inquiries, complaints or applications;
- to update you on relevant new services and benefits;
- to contact you regarding our products or services or other products and services from third parties;
- to invite you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- to conduct website administration, such as for the technical support of our websites and computer systems;
- for data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed in a customer agreement with us;
- to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
In an effort to display offers that may be of interest to you, we have relationships with other companies that we allow to place ads on our Site and in our email communication to you. As a result of your use of the Site, such ad server companies may collect information such as your domain type, IP address and clickstream information.
Need A Car may engage third parties to help us provide the Site and manage our business, although these organizations are subject to confidentiality obligations and may only use your Personal Information for the purposes Need A Car defines.
We may analyse your Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form which does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, advertisers, dealerships, manufacturers, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
We may share, disclose, or provide your Personal Information to third parties:
- when required to combat fraud or to protect our interests;
- when required to do so by law or in response to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement or government agencies;
- within and among our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- as part of a merger, sale of a business, sale of assets, or dissolution.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites.
In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, dealers, organisations or individuals outside of Need A Car when we have your consent to do so.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Personal Information
You can generally update your Personal Information by logging in Need A Car and accessing your Account Profile or by contacting us at email@example.com. To protect your privacy, we and our authorized employees and agents will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to or making corrections to your Personal Information.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 15 and Need A Car does not target its Site or services to children under 15.
You may opt out of receiving communications from Need A Car and our affiliates if you contact us and provide your full name and applicable account information, along with your request for opting out.
Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
Your personal information may be transferred to other countries for processing, support, storage and other necessary activities and by using the Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different personal data protection rules than in your country.
If we transfer your information outside of New Zealand in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy continues to be protected in a manner which is consistent with New Zealand privacy law.
If you are located outside of New Zealand, any Personal Information provided to us will be governed by applicable New Zealand or such other laws and regulations.
If you have any comments, requests or questions about this policy please contact:
PO Box 8444
Last updated 22 March 2017